Thursday 29 September 2016

Multiple Flash - Work Diary

Today we were tasked with researching and conducting a shoot on multiple flash. I though this was an interesting technique as it is not one that I had heard of or tried out before. My focus for this task was to create unique images and create pictures that I felt successfully portrayed what multiple flash was and what kinds of images it is used for. I feel that I was successful in this as I am extremely pleased with my images and really enjoyed how this shoot went and the technique overall. As I was working in a group of three for this, we each took turns in conducting our shoots and so when it was my turn I had been able to overlook other shoots and get a feel of what I needed to do. Therefore, I did not encounter any problems in my shoot.


This image is my favourite from the shoot. To capture this image, I asked the person in the photograph to firstly stand still and look into the camera as I wanted to get a base image. I then asked her to take the union jack flag and move it around in front of her. The image is the final result of this. I really like how the vibrancy of the union jack stands out against the black background and their black clothing.


I did not like this image. The object in the photograph is very distorted and you can't work out what it actually is. I feel that this is due to me making too many flashes and the fact that the object has not moved much from its original position and so it just looks like the object has blurred.

Progression

If I were to do this technique again, I would try to experiment with the number of flashes I use when taking an image as this can determine the overall outcome of the image. I will also make sure that whatever the subject of the image is, there is enough movement so that each snapshot is distinct.

Can I use this in my project?

I cannot use this in my project as my photographs will be taken on location and this technique requires a studio and studio lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment