Thursday 26 January 2017

Physical Experiments


With this image, I decided to rip the paper on either side of the girl as she was central in the image and I felt this would have an interesting effect. Doing this has separated her from the rest of the image, and so could connote that she is 'in her own world' whilst she is playing on the equipment and that she has distanced herself from her surroundings.


For this, I used a red nail polish to paint the girls nails. I felt that, by doing this, it made this area of the image pop and brought more attention here. I felt as though the image was quite plain without this pop of colour as she is covering her face, so I feel that it adds something more interesting and unique to the image. It is a way of adding selective colour to the image without the use of photoshop.


I decided to burn this image as I felt that this created an interesting and gritty look to the photo, and I decided to burn the girls face as she was already covering it, and so it adds another layer that is hiding her identity. I find it interesting how the paper around the burn turned green as it adds an unusual pop of colour, as well as drawing more attention to the burned area. 


I decided to use this picture in my physical experiments as I wanted to do something with the mirror in the image. In the end, I decided to draw a basic silhouette in it. I felt that this could give connotations of a lost or hidden identity due to the silhouette being a completely blank canvas. This could also symbolise how, although we all might have different styles and personalities, we are all human.


With this I wanted to make use of the cloud of smoke as I felt it was the most interesting part of the image, and so I decided to take some cotton wool and glue it on top of the smoke. This created a 3D effect to the image which I really enjoy. Also, it seems to obscure her face more than the actual smoke did and so it therefore draws more attention to the activity of smoking than the person herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment