Wednesday 23 November 2016

Shoot Five - Work Diary

For this shoot I wanted to focus on representing the style of today's youth, but wanted to find a way to  edit the photographs in an interesting and unique way and so decided to create a photo joiner out of different parts of peoples outfits. I felt that this was a captivating way of representing the different styles and fashions that different teenagers have created for themselves, whilst still showcasing my skills in editing. I am very happy with the outcome of this joiner as I feel that it shows the different styles very well and shows how contrasting each persons outfits are. As I only created the one joiner, I decided to use the separate images I took individually as well as I really enjoyed the outcome of those on their own and felt that they looked interesting as a cohesive body of work.

Camera settings: 1/125, ISO 200, f8 - I used the light meter to work out these settings.


I used a simple set up of two soft box lights for this shoot as I wanted to take close ups of people, and so I felt this was the most suitable option. It meant that, whatever angle I took the photo from, it was lit up evenly. By setting it up this way it meant I had enough room to more around and take images from different angles.
I feel that this image clearly shows the range of people that I photographed as I claimed to include a part of each model in some way. Through using a joiner, it closely shows the differences and similarities in the different clothing items and implies how each person represents themselves through the use of dress. Whilst I am proud of this outcome, I feel that I do want to focus more on documentary photography and the behaviours of youth.


This was an image I did not like. As mentioned above, I decided to use the individual photos I took as results from this shoot as I really enjoyed how they looked on their own as well as in the joiner. However, I felt that this image was very plain as the girl is wearing all black clothing and so there is nothing interesting happening/nothing to grab your attention. I also do not like how the lighting is off on the right of this photograph compared to the left.

2 comments:

  1. discuss in mrs detail why this image links to youth and identity.. e.g. discuss the branding/use of branded clothes..

    ReplyDelete
  2. please ensure in future shoots that there is an explanation of the working process...

    ReplyDelete